Candidates are tested in interview by tough questions. Every company wants the candidate who are going to be an asset to the organization for the long term and hence face to face interaction gives a better chance to land with job offer.
Some questions asked in every interview:
- Tell us about yourself.
- What are your pros and cons?
- What’s your dream job?
- What motivates you?
- Describe your character in 40 words
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- Do your S.W.O.T analysis. (Strength, weakness, opportunity and threat).
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your responsibilities at your current or last job?
- Share any challenging or stressful situation you handled.
- Have you ever postponed making a decision & why?
Devote time to formulate ideas to answer these questions. Take use of online resources available that help to give you suggestions for your responses. Employers are willing to know what you have delivered in past and what you are capable to deliver or do for their company. So, to give appropriate answer to these questions, review your work experiences, take account of your significant achievements and contributions and skills. In case you are a fresher, set up a mock interview with your education mentor or coach.
Finally, Learn How to answer
Candidates often make the mistake of saying or describing too much while answering the question. Be brief, a small 1 to 2-minute summary is the correct length. So, do not give generic answers and ensure that your points are tailored to the position for which you have applied for.