Top 10 Job Interview Tips to double your chances to get selected
Reading Time: < 1 minute
- To avoid unforeseen obstacles, plan your schedule for interview and keep interviewer’s contact information handy.
- Dress appropriately for your interview, carry your identity card – in-case building might have security check.
- Carry extra copies of your resume and cover letter because you may be interviewed with more than one person & also keep references ready in case asked for references.
- Constantly beeping or ringing phone can create distraction during interview, so make it a priority to turn your phone to silent and keep it away in your bag during interview.
- Mentally prepare yourself for weird questions.
- Go for the interview alone, never go with your friends, or boyfriend or girlfriend.
- Be polite, professional and attentive during an interview. Start with introducing yourself and on a positive note. During an interview try to learn as much as possible about the job and be ready to sell yourself to the hiring manager.
- Be honest in your answers to the interviewer.
- Ask for the Job responsibilities in brief and discuss about your career aspirations and future growth prospects within the organisation. Have a list of questions to ask when you are given a chance to ask questions you have for them to answer. If you are not prepared well in advance, it is difficult sometimes trying to come up with a meaningful question off the top of your head.
- Finally, you should thank your interviewer in person for taking the time to interview you.